Softclans | Services | LIST OF SERVICES | Cloud
Hosting and the Cloud
Some of our applications are traditional desktop applications but as access to the internet becomes more widespread with faster, more reliable and always on connections becoming the norm, the growth of applications using the hosted application model continues to expand. Hence we offer our customers the option to host for our cloud ready modules.
Benefits of the Cloud/Hosted applications
The only customer responsibility is maintaining access to the internet.
- Buying and installing expensive software since its already done on the cloud.
- Paying for extensive disk space - buy what you need and scale when required.
- Worrying about maintaining and upgrading servers and other hardware, security and backup.
- Wasting time and resources on periodic updates as this is done centrally. Automatic software updates can be especially useful for legal or financial compliance reasons.
- Data synchronization.
- With software provided as a service you only pay for what you use.
- You can scale your use as required.
- Elimination of multiple licensed software.
- Elimination of costs emanating from hiring IT specialists as well as investing in security, backup tools.
Cloud computing means that staff can access the files and data that they need even when they're working remotely and/or outside office hours. Also, you can scale usage up or down based on demand.
Since the application runs on the internet, it provides an integrated solution to any system that supports a standard Internet browser including Windows, Unix and Macs.
New updates are installed centrally negating the need for expensive roll outs. Updates can now be incremental bringing the benefits to the customer without having to bundle new features up into a new periodic version release.
In summary, with the cloud, the customer is at peace.